I have a passion for collecting vintage Star Wars merchandise from the late 70's. Action figures, comics, trading cards etc - anything related to the first Star Wars movie. But why only until 1980? It's not that I don't love The Empire Strikes Back and beyond (I really do), but there is something about that first wave of Star Wars mania that really grips me, back when it was all fresh and exciting...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Gang's All Here...

Well, the first twelve of them at least.


Recently I completed a small collecting dream of mine - to bring together a complete set of the original twelve Kenner figures. Not a particularly impressive feat in this age of Ebay, but I've been wanting to get my hands on the first line of Star Wars figures since I started collecting way back in my teens. It's taken me so long because I've often been distracted by the temptation of other collectibles and haven't always had a steady job to afford to indulge my little pleasures.

They're not in mint condition, but pretty good shape nonetheless. All are complete with original accessories. Now to make a start on the '79 wave!

6 comments:

César Cantú said...

Wow, indeed. Congratulations!!!!

Yesterday I had the pleasure to watch a videoblog which, among other things, brought some insight on the focus toy collecting needs sometimes. We've all suffered the urge to buy amazing toys because they're awsome yet lose our focus on completing a single collection. My case's no different, but I'll try to change that soon.

Again, congrats for making it!!!

Will Errickson said...

I had all these! Anyone ever figure out why there was never a Grand Moff Tarkin? I never realized that till, oh, 2009.

John Sholtz said...

Great job! I lose focus myself sometimes. This has helped inspire me to fill the gaps in my Star Wars action figure collection. Thanks for sharing.

Joe B said...

Great collection! I've made it my mission to get ultimate modern versions of the original twelve, and I'm now at just over halfway. Seeing the originals like this is inspiring me to get back on it!

Lance Arguello said...

I also have this complete set along with many other figures from my childhood. Don't know why I've held on to them for so long but maybe one day I'll sell and pay for my son;s college. It's nice to see other collections as well.

Unknown said...

I got a few to sell and mor star war toys