I have a passion for collecting vintage Star Wars merchandise from the late 70's. Action figures, comics, trading cards etc - anything related to the first Star Wars movie. But why only until 1980? It's not that I don't love The Empire Strikes Back and beyond (I really do), but there is something about that first wave of Star Wars mania that really grips me, back when it was all fresh and exciting...

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Topps Trading Cards: Series 2

Series 2 here (#66 - 137) with the red borders.



Most of the backs of the cards feature either 'Movie Facts' or 'Actor's Profiles'.


Two jigsaw puzzles can be put together from the backs of certain cards; a Sandperson and good ol' Chewie.


5 comments:

Business Cards said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have these cards still in the wrapper with gum. In the counter display box and the case box, these stores bought with the Star Wars pictures on the side.
I wonder what they are worth.
Lucas short changed Mark hamill bu not going on to the further adventures of Luke Skywalker.
From my point of view it was THE biggest blunder in seqeul history.
Robby The Robot aka Vince

Diane said...

Hi,
I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join htttp://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
All the best,
Diane
info@coollectors.com

Abe Lucas said...

I learned only recently that the first series of these cards I bought during that time, the yellow series, was already the third set. I was old enough--though not by today's overprotective standards--to walk or ride my bike to the corner convenience store to buy those yellow packs for a quarter a pop. I also steadfastly collected the green and orange series of those Topps cards. Wonderful memories.

Anonymous said...

I had these card on posterboard as a kid.'